How Do I Rehang Patio Screen on Its Track?

I had to replace the wheels on the bottom of the screen door associated with my patio door. But, I can't figure out how to rehang the screen door. The upper rollers ride in a channel/track the opening to which is smaller then the rollers.

Here are pictures:

This is a sketch of the cross section of the channel/track:

jim evans

Turn the screen around and hook the rollers in the track?

Reply to
HeyBub

Tilt the bottom of the screen door towards you. Insert the rollers into the channel at the top and then lower the bottom of the door towards the channel. Once in place lift up and seat the bottom of the screen in the channel.

Reply to
Oren

Good one. The photo did seem as thought the screen was "bakards"

Reply to
Oren

That was to show the rollers. If I had it turned around you would not have been able to see the rollers and could have said "what rollers?" I don't see no rollers.

Reply to
jim evans

Here's why that won't work.

I think somebody should answer who's had personal experience with this problem.

Reply to
jim evans

Is it your job to hang around and make smart alec remarks to people who need help?

Reply to
jim evans

If you think that was smart Alec; perhaps you are in the wrong group.

Reply to
Oren

How can someone demonstrate personal experience; after all you left out a *'gif and posted it after the fact. Never mind!

Nobody asked what you thought, but you wanted too know what people here thought.

Reply to
Oren

I knew the rollers were there, because you mentioned them. Most folks with these type doors: as far as I know, are familiar with them. I bet many folks in this group have them.

Reply to
Oren

If you didn't think his comment was poking fun why did you say "good one" and post a grin?

Reply to
jim evans

Good one: means " nice observation", Imo. Something I saw and thought, but did not mention. The other poster saw the same thing and mentioned it.

Toughen the skin in this group or leave. Am I wrong?

Heybub asked you a question.

Reply to
Oren

How did you take it out? Looks like you would need to swing the bottom of the door away, point the rollers into the track at an angle?

Reply to
Norminn

jim evans wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Danged things never go back where they're supposed to.

Reply to
TD

Is that your final answer?! You could call a friend.

Reply to
Oren

I took it out by unscrewing the rollers from the screen frame. That's easy taking it off, they just fall into the track, but getting behind it to hold the rollers in place to reattach them is another thing altogether.

I keep improving the sketch. Here's the latest:

jim evans

Jim,

Never seen this before but I'd unscrew the top rollers, put one in the channel with a piece of cloth behind it to hold the roller wheel upright, mount the door on the bottom wheels and tracks, swing the door top up to the top track, line up the screw hole with the roller wheel, start the screw, tighten, and pull out the cloth. Then do the other roller wheel

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

My apologies. You didn't say you had flipped the screen for illustrative purposes.

Actually, I thought you were drunk, maybe even insane, but I was trying to be polite.

People sometimes post questions here where the solution is obvious to everyone in the world but them.

For example: how would you answer the lament: "No matter how much I cut off this board, it's STILL too short!"

Reply to
HeyBub

I remember a poster here, just recently, who managed to remove an identical screen. I don't think he's put it back yet, but maybe he could remember how he took it off.

I'll check the archives.

Reply to
HeyBub

Jim after looking at your pictures it appears that you have a design where the screen frame is set into a piece of channel that holds the rollers.

Look at the end view of the door to confirm this, If this is the case see if you can separate the channel from the screen frame, and coax the channel into position and then set the screen frame into the channel.

On all the patio doors I have worked on, the screen has spring loaded rollers on the bottom and spring loaded glides on the top. To install, you slip the top into the track and push all the way up, then push up the rollers on the bottom to pop them over the track.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf