How do I properly anchor threaded rod in concrete?

Do I just drill a hole, put in the threaded rod, then stuff in anchoring cement or do I need to put in a washer between two nuts at the end that's going in? Or maybe one locknut on the end thats going in. It's not a perminent mount for anything, just threaded rod to hold in a concrete form so I can fix a crumbling step.

Reply to
scott21230

If it's a temporary thing then look for a temporary anchoring solution. Something like using threaded rod as tie bars to clamp 2x4s in place rather than bolting into existing concrete. If that won't work try a larger number of the regular plastic anchors that you will be able to easily remove and patch over later. For real fastening options try

they pretty much lead the pack.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

Depending on what you are attaching to the bolt/rod, you can use a Red Head. Get these at home depot, etc. If it is something much more substantial, you may have to epoxy the bolt in. Just adding more concrete around the bolt won't hold too well.

Reply to
ephedralover

I would drill a hole slightly oversize and use an epoxy specifically for this purpose. Contact your local concrete accessories shop and they should be able to sort you out. I didn't find the needed epoxy at either Lowe's or HD. Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson