How do I make a storm door close when the window (not screen) is on it?

"trader-of-some-jacks" ...

Here is a thought that I have not seen posted yet. My storm door did not want to finish closing, not because of the air pressure, but because there was resistance where the latch thingy slides by before it snaps into its hole. I sprayed it with lithium grease (both the pointy latch thingy and the door jamb where it slides against it). I find that I need to reapply the lithium grease about every 6 months or so. Now it just slides right closed every time. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

replying to Nate Nagel, Rain wrote: I agree. I'm having the same problem with my Andersen screen door too. I replaced the closer and it didn't solve the issue. I can't add a second closer because the screen rolls up into the top of the door.. I'm very frustrated. Hinges are good and tight.. Door is level..

Reply to
Rain

I’ve installed about 10 this year and had to go back and adjust 5 that wouldn’t close properly I adjusted the seal at the bottom of the door to allow air to flow through worked fine but customers did complain about seeing light under the door

Reply to
drepatter9

Why not give them a quality closer? A gap at the bottom negates the reason to have a storm door.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Wow you're a real winner. I have the same issue. If you have nothing to add but stupid comments then you're the real troll. Get a life.

Reply to
dog lover

Impossible to that when your leaving your house.

Reply to
dog lover

I have a mail slot and that does not do the trick.

Reply to
dog lover

So get a decent closer that works properly. It is usually the installer saving two bucks. Years ago I had a nice sideline business selling and installing doors and never had complaints.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Or 2 quality closers. My storm door is pretty heavy, so I have 2 quality closers, one at the top and one at the bottom. It closes with a solid click of the latch but without slamming.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

Apparently you have not done your research plus you offer nothing. Where's your link to good ones? I am reading how professionals have this issue too. It's about 50/50 with them.

Reply to
dog lover

Dean Hoffman

Apparently you don't know how to post. There is no reference as to who you are responding to. No quoted text. Who is the "you" that you are chastising?

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

It's a home moaners poster thinking he's on a forum responding to a 14 year old post.

Reply to
Dan Espen