How do I life carpet ?

I have a stain in my carpet from a fair bit of blood ( don't worry it is not human blood ! ), that I think has seeped below the carpet into the carpet backing. I wish to lift the carpet and see if I can clean it up from the backing or whatever is under the carpet. How do I go about getting the carpet up ?

The stain is in a corner so I shouldn't have to take too much of the carpet up.. just the corner. It looks like the baseboards are glued to the wall and carpet goes underneath them. Base boards are about

1/4 inch it appears.

What tools to I need to get the baseboard off without damaging in and lift the carpet without damaging ? Also what do I need to put the baseboards and carpet back in place .. some type of glue I take it.

Thank You ! Steve.

Reply to
steviek2000

Dogs will find it Luminol will prove it, you better remove the carpet.

Reply to
ransley

Plus if you got any spray on the walls, your gonna have to replace the gyproc too. Cleaning and Painting over will not get rid of blood stains...

Reply to
SteveC

I can't see Ransley's post in google groups for some reason... did he give how to do it ... Thanks!

Reply to
steviek2000