How do I ground my new po

Brad:
BR> I'm replacing my porch light fixture, and the new light has a ground wire, BR> but there are only a black and a white wrie coming out of the metal box, anBR> no ground wire. Where do I connect the ground? Directly to the metal box?
Yes, though the fixture will only be ground if the metal box is also grounded. The ground is only necessary if there is an interruption (failure) of the white (neutral); the porch light will work without the ground being connected.
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Dry cleaner wanted to go an a date, but was too pressed for time.
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
barry martin wrote:

Of course it also may electrocute someone, but I guess that is not important. It also might not work if it is a florescent light.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math