how do i get rid of BO?!?

I bought a treadmill on ebay. It's exactly what the seller said it was and is in great shape except.......... the seller must have stored all his sweaty dirty laundry on the thing. The tread stinks like BO. I've tried lysol and fabreeze and it's done nothing. Any thoughts on how to get rid of this, it's stinking up the house!!! Thanks.

and
of
Sounds like a Seinfeld episode....
;-]
Hook it to your boat tow rope and have good fun with it while it washes itself. Call the manufacturer
try ozium
Wayne

and
of
wipe it down with bleach
Not bleach. Bleach water. 10/1 water to bleach. Plenty of contact time. But if I were doing it, I would try mouthwash first http://scarf.netfirms.com/Stain%20Removing%20Tips.htm

tried
rid
put it in a room with an ozone generator?

tried
rid
> > I bought a treadmill on ebay. It's exactly what the seller said it was > and > > is in great shape except.......... the seller must have stored all his > > sweaty dirty laundry on the thing. The tread stinks like BO. I've tried > > lysol and fabreeze and it's done nothing. Any thoughts on how to get rid > of > > this, it's stinking up the house!!! Thanks. > In the spa I go to they use "Simple Green" in between clients, but an ammonia dilution at night. They say the bleach dries out the coverings too rapidly.
Michelle Italy
Click & Clack always reccommend a product called "Nature's Miracle" - some enzymatic stuff. Definitely put it in the garage, or better yet outside - some sunshine might do some good, and you don't want anything else picking-up the smell. Fabreeze is a crock!

it
all
I've
to get

an
coverings too

and
of
Urinate on it.

Fire...... Burn the damn thing.....
Rob wrote:

Bleach water. 1/2 cup bleach in a gallon of cold water, mix well, pour into spray bottle, spritz on tread, allow to saturate and evaporate. Rotate tread, repeat on next untreated section. Repeat 2 or 3 times as needed. KEEP PETS OUT OF THE ROOM, you don't want them licking it (and crawling crumb crushers too, of course.) Don't go too heavy on the bleach, or it will start to react with the tread (assuming rubber?) and that wouldn't be a good thing.
--
Saluting America's #1 (animated) "MILF" - Lois Griffin!
On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:46:00 +0000, Rob wrote:

Actually Fabreeze works well and is a breakthrough in chemically neutralizing odors. Since you said you used it and it didn't work, it could be on the reverse side of the belt or embedded and/or caused by decomposing rubber. The best way may be to take the belt off, change it with a new belt from the mfgr, and thoroughly clean all surfaces that sweat would drip onto. That said, you can try band-aid solutions. Load http://www.ackits.com and click on Evaporator Core Treatment. That foaming stuff should help neutralize organic odors. You must rinse with water afterwards.
You could also try contacting a company specializing in cleanups after fires. They may have some equipment that would work. I understand that ozone is a powerful oxidizing agent that may convert the smelly molecules into less odorous reaction products.
Here's a link about how to get rid of skunk-smell. Maybe the formulae work for B.O. also: http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/webpages/askasci/gen01/gen01615.htm
Regards, Scott
Turtle wax also makes a Febreeze like product. I think it was called Odor Out. WOrked great on getting the vomit smell (motion sick kid) out of my car's carpet.

and
tried
rid of

Scott Packard wrote:

But janitorial supply houses have been selling odor counteractants for decades.
--
Where no oxen are, the crib is clean,
But much benefit is derived from the labor of the ox.

Take a shower !!!! (Yes, I know it's only been 6 weeks since you last took one, but make an exception and take one today, instead of waiting the entire year).

and
of
i was waiting for that obvious response. im surprised it took this long for someone with enough originality to come up with it!

Once you've tried some of the other suggestions, if it still stinks...
Unplug and take off the motor and head covers and make sure there isn't something dead in there, like a mouse.