How do I get rid of ants?

Page 2 of 2
Here's a photo of what it looks like when they are eating. We had regular ant problems until using Terro in 2009. Hardly a sign of them.
http://imageshack.us/f/341/terrox.jpg/

On 7/23/2012 12:33 PM, Guv Bob wrote:

Looks like the last roundup :o) Many years ago, when there was some rather sloppy snacking going on in my kitchen, we had a pretty nasty ant invasion. When I put down a little Terro along the exterior baseboard, it was like someone blew the bugles and the cavalry turned around and galloped away. Awesome how ants communicate about food :o)

Yep, I hate to kill them because they're so interesting to watch. But if it's either them or me, it's time for them to git outta Dodge. LOL!!
On 7/24/2012 2:16 AM, Guv Bob wrote:

bait along the trails. We had some dead limbs in hedges, with a few hollowed out and inhabited by carpenter ants. I mixed up some Dawn and water, poured into the hollowed spots. Ants came pouring out carrying their eggs or larvae, looking like refugees in a war. My grandson liked to pick them up and squash them (age two), but if they bite they can hang on; doesn't hurt like fire ants, which are sneaky bastards :o)
On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:17:17 -0700, "Guv Bob"

or two. There are powdered products containing boric acid but I have never had much success with them. Terro has something (glycerin probably) that attracts ants, Terro is a sugar based product. It works great if your ants eat sugar. I haven't seen a sugar eating ant in years because that is what we have baited them with for years. (Terro, Amdro and most ant traps) If your ants get in the sugar jar, Terro will get them.

day or two. There are powdered products containing boric acid but I have never had much success with them. Terro has something (glycerin probably) that attracts ants,

Amdro has several products, I believe. The fire ant bait was a corn meal base, so had a little fat/oil. I've put Terro on rich bread or crackers when ants seemed slow to take the bait...has always worked for me. Even had ants going after whatever residue remained in the kitchen sink disposal.

day or two. There are powdered products containing boric acid but I have never had much success with them. Terro has something (glycerin probably) that attracts ants,

I had my ants so averse to baits that the only thing they would eat was dog food that the dog had chewed on and spit out. I made bait with that and gottem. Now I see an ant now and then but they never eat anything. With nothing around that they eat, they go away.

If you got grease eating ants, mix fats with borax. Borax has boric acid in it. And you can wash your clothes.
Greg