How do I get drywall dust off floor? (Sounds silly, I realize...)

I have a new dark vinyl floor in a bathroom. I had to unexpectedly make a significant drywall repair, and tried my best to keep the sanding dust contained with drop clothes, vacumn sander, etc.
As you might expect if you've worked with this, the dust was everywhere anyway...
Now when I mop it up, it looks great for 5 minutes, then dries with a milky light coating on it... I've tried Mr. Clean in water, but I can't seem to get rid of it...
Any thoughts? Mineral spirits, perhaps? I'm just trying to find a way to encapsulate and remove this dust that is still microscopic and redistributing itself with each mopping...
Any help will be appreciated!
Thanks,
John
--
John Gordon
jrgordon (at) knology (dot) net

Try wiping the floor with a paper towel soaked in vinegar.
Try trisodium phosphate (TSP) (mix with water as per directions on the bottle). I used it for plaster dust. BTW it is the same stuff used to prolong the shelf life of chicken in your supermarket.

milky

Know anyone who cuts/saws a lot of wood in their garage? Ask them for a big-ass Hefy garbage bag or two (depending on how big your room is) full of sawdust. Pour it all out and spread it around with a push broom. Then sweep it all up into a dustpan and Shop-Vac up whatever miniscule amount is left over.
If you don't have a friend with a free supply of sawdust, go to your nearest construction supply store and ask for a bag of sweeping compound.
Works like a charm on concrete dust, too.
AJS
Pure lemon oil on a rag.......no silicone.
John R. Gordon wrote:

after washing floor and leaving the smeary marks, just wipe with elbow grease and a dry kitchen tissue

milky