How do I determine who made my garage doors?

I have a five "short raised panel" garage door with 5 panels each measuring 9 ft wide by 19 3/8" in height. They are 2" thick and insulated with metal on the inside panel as well.

My son backed out of the garage and forgot the first step, open the garage door. :( I need to replace a few panels and realize that the interlocking panels may be different by manufacturer. How do I find out who made the panels as there are no markings on any of the door panels? The only marking is on the hinges which are made by JGS.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to locate my builder but they were installed 16 years ago.

Reply to
oceanverd

Hi, I'd call local garage door sales/service outfit and solicit their opinion. When similar accident happened to us, I called the outfit who installed it originally who said it was made by Steelcraft. bottom two sections replaced with no problem.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Couple of possibilities. If the house is relatively new and you know who the builder is, ask him. Builders often use the same brand on everything

If you live in a development with other similar houses, check to see if the neighbors have stickers or labels on their doors.

Call a local door dealer. He may be able to tell by looking and even if he does not handle the brand on a regular basis can get the panels for you.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski