How do I connect a wood 2x6 to steel beam??

I need to frame in around a beam in my basement for drywalling. I want to connect a wood 2x6 to the steel beam running down my middle of the basement.
Can I glue it and will the glue hold? Drill a hole in the beam does not sound safe. I cannot be the only one who needs to do this but a google search did not return anything.
Any one out there know an easy solution?
Joe
On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 12:38:31 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Authentic Looking False Beams? Faux Timber?
Click the gray picture on the right side to enlarge it.
http://www.onthehouse.com/wp/19930816
..2 cents..
-- Oren
mount the wood to the beam with self drilling metal screws.
steve

Joe, I had a large beam going down the middle of my finished basement. I glued a 1x8 to the bottom and fitted fluorescent lighting (single tube) into each side of the web. I also lined the insides of the beam with 3/8 sheetrock and painted it a bright white for maximum lighting. To the edges of the glued 1x8 I attached upward sloping wings so the lighting became indirect and the tubes could not be seen. After all the above, much trim work was applied to match the crown molding in the rest of the basement and house. Got lots of complements.
Ivan Vegvary
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

A good powder actuated nail gun (like a Hilti which you can rent at Depot) will readily secure your lumber to a steel beam. You will need earplugs / muffs though, while the Hilti guns are very quiet shooting wood and concrete, in steel they make quite a clang.

Why even use wood? Use clips. http://www.theclaw.net/
Duct Tape............
snipped-for-privacy@nomail.com wrote in news:0qq7d3lfgko0s4sb2oolm2juibde2nrb97@ 4ax.com:

You obviously are a pro who learned from the Father of Fixin'.
    http://redgreen.com/index.cfm?app rt&a=menu
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

Some construction adhesives (not talking liquid nails) basically say the joined surface must be destroyed to remove. Go to building supply or the Borg. Find one you think will work based on what you read on the label. If you go to the Borg, check aisle with cement too. Think that's where I saw the one about "destroyed". Call the company and ask them if it will hold cause I don't know. If in 5 yrs someone mounts a Harley on the wall it may not.

Remingtom powder actuated tools will nail 2xX's into concrete and some steel. Do not recall max steel thickness. Then again, you are still putting holes in the steel beam.