How do I clean chipmunk driveway sealer tracks from my garage floor?

The two friendly chipmunks who live in a woodpile near my garage and drivew ay decided to walk partway across the driveway and then across the front of my garage to get from one side of the property to the other. Unfortunatel y they did this while the driveway sealer (8-year type) was freshly applied .

I have Naptha and gasoline and paint remover as my three chemicals of choic e. Anyone ever tried any of these? I can experiment, but hoping somebody may already know the answer.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Be sure to start by testing which will not remove your paint. I suspect that paint remover might be problematic.

Naptha has less additives; gasoline alone might stain the paint. In either case, I suspect that black/brown from the sealer will persist, especially if the paint is light-coloured and the paint is oil-based.

Reply to
Mike Duffy

On Saturday, September 24, 2016 at 11:19:40 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote :

eway decided to walk partway across the driveway and then across the front of my garage to get from one side of the property to the other. Unfortunat ely they did this while the driveway sealer (8-year type) was freshly appli ed.

ice. Anyone ever tried any of these? I can experiment, but hoping somebod y may already know the answer.

It's a garage. Why do you care what it looks like?

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Depends on the garage. You'd not notice it it mine. My brother though, did restorations on his cars in his 6 car garage. Cleaner than most kitchens.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Are you concerned that his driveway and garage will be better looking than your double-wide living room?

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

You are basically out of luck. These things seep into the concrete and cannot be completely removed. Just clean up best you can. As others point out it is a garage floor and you can expect staining.

Reply to
Frank

iveway decided to walk partway across the driveway and then across the fron t of my garage to get from one side of the property to the other. Unfortun ately they did this while the driveway sealer (8-year type) was freshly app lied.

hoice. Anyone ever tried any of these? I can experiment, but hoping someb ody may already know the answer.

wire brush in a elecric drill

you might call and ask the sealer manufacturer for assistance, on what remo ves it

Reply to
bob haller

you might call and ask the sealer manufacturer for assistance, on what removes it.

Thanks, that's a great idea, I will do and see what they recommend.

Reply to
hrhofmann