How do I clean an LP space heater?

(Sorry if this is a double-post ...)

I had a house fire which left nasty soot on everything.

Fortunately, since the furnace was knocked out, the LP space heater still functioned. It showed a lot of yellow flame, but it made heat.

Tonight I found only 1/2 the burner functioning, or less, and the flame coming up above the glass on the functioning side. Not safe!

But I think it is just dirty, no otherwise messed up.

So ... how can I clean something like this to return it to full function?

Thanks!

Reply to
WilliamstonConsulting

I had a similar problem with my LP gas range. The symptoms were the same. I simply removed the burner and blew it out with compressed air. Lots of black stuff came out. Now it's fine. If it's really bad some spray carburator cleaner ought to get it clean but don't reinstall it until it's dry.

According to my LP dealer if the lines get air in them it can cause soot.

Reply to
Ulysses

Thanks for the tip! The compressed air did the trick. I'm back to blue flame.

Reply to
WilliamstonConsulting