How do I clean a continuous cleaning oven?

Page 2 of 2

You really should think about replacing the refrigerator. Newer models use much less power, resulting in considerable savings of money.
Stainless steel goes with everything. It's like denim.
Cindy Hamilton
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 07:28:10 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton

Thanks for the encouragement.

I found an ad on ebay for "NEW 30" WHIRLPOOL GOLD ELECTRIC RANGE OVEN STOVE"
But when I wrote him, he said "Gold" was the model, not the color. That it was stainless steal [sic] even though no where on the listing does it say "stainless". He even said it was a color picture http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item &0455526064&ssPageName­ME:X:AAQ:US:1123 though it still looks black and white to me.
It's a 1600+ dollar stove! But 250 less than Lowes wants.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Do you need that much stove? (I'd kind of ASSumed that your old stove was electric.) Sure, I have a Bosch that I probably paid too much for, but I'm a nerd about appliances. You probably could get a perfectly serviceable stove for at most half that price. How about sears.com, at least for basic research?
Cindy Hamilton
Add pictures here
βœ–

"This time the fire went longer" You have been banned from using the oven. What do you do put stuff in a forget about it? put one of those big clock timers on a chain and around you neck.
Add pictures here
βœ–

The glass is probably tempered and expensive. Appliance dealer or parts house should have the gasket. See what you can find at www.repairclinic.com for starters.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Jim Elbrecht wrote:

OR,,,,, OR maybe just close the door. duh. and turn it off. It can't burn forever.
Add pictures here
βœ–
With the food and grease on fire, should he have sprayed WD-40 instead?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Now that you mentioned it, wouldn't it be a lot easier with less mess to just close the oven door to suffocate the fire? I had stove fires before, but grabbing the fire extinguisher would be my last resort. Another thought--maybe someone needs to banned from the kitchen.
Add pictures here
βœ–
mm wrote:

Next time, just turn it off and close the door.
The powder could be baking soda.
Add pictures here
βœ–

It was already off with the door closed when it was burning. At a certain point the fire makes its own heat. That's why it burned longer than I expected, because it was off and I didn't think it would burn at that point.** .
Also for someone else, at this point it was churning out loads of dark smoke and the flame was almost hitting one top burner.
If I'd put out the fire earlier it might not have damaged the front window gasket, and if I'd done it later, it might have damaged even more parts.
It turns out the powder isn't on the top or sides of the oven, only on the bottom (which had tin foil covering it) and some on the bottom half of the door. (Not sure about the back.)
**Something is strange about it when it's empty. When there is meat on the broiler tray, the grease in the bottom, under the perforated tray, doesn't sizzle when I pull out the shelf, but after I take the meat off and put the tray back, then it sizzles. I've been wondering about this for years.

Thanks.
Add pictures here
βœ–
mm wrote:

It sounds like your oven door didn't seal very well, or it would have run out of oxygen.

Could be condensed water (from while you cut the hot meat) dripping into the oil when you put it back (WAG)
Add pictures here
βœ–

My mom used the oven maybe 5 days a week, as I remember for 40 years, she never had a fire. We have an apartment building with alot of blue collar tenants, in 40 years I dont remember 1 oven fire. You have to be real careless, dumb, to be having oven fires. They need to pull your oven permit, you need to go to oven driving school, you should be on oven probation.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Its baking soda for the most part, NON TOXIC
Jimmie
Add pictures here
βœ–
mm wrote:

Arm & Hammer used to make a non-caustic oven cleaner that worked by heating the oven to 450F+ for 30 minutes. I think they sold it to Easy-Off, and it's now called Easy-Off Non-Fuming.
Add pictures here
βœ–

This is a troll, right?
If not, just take some rags, some HOT water, some elbow grease, and get out the worst of it. Then get out the next worse. You will work yourself down to a manageable pile of stuff, but the major part can be taken off with HOT water and elbow grease. Spray with a mister and let sit to soften. The answer is there is no easy answer.
Steve
Add pictures here
βœ–

Try a shop vac, then damp rags.