how do i change the cord on my lamp?

the original cord was damaged by a house pet. i bought the replacement cord about three months ago. hubby is too busy and i don't want to nag him. can some one tell me how or point me in the right direction (ON THE NET) where i can find a how to on this?

many thanks, mixter

Reply to
mixter

James Keene

You helpful sob.

Does the cord have a plug and if so, is the other end of the cord bared (two wires, one copper the other silver) or did you just buy a new length of zip cord?

Directions: Remove light bulb from lamp and unscrew the socket from the lamp. Note which portion of the old cord goes to the gold/yellow and which goes to the silver screw. Helps to tag one with a piece of electricians tape.

Thread the new cord where the old went and make a hook on each end of the bared wire of the new cord. Put the hook over the screw in the same direction in which the screw turns and tighten.

Screw the socket back into the lamp base.

If the cord you bought doesn't have a plug already installed you may need to buy a new plug - most home-owner friendly plugs have a plug body with an insert. Separate the two, thread the zip cord through the body of the plug, then insert the cord into the insert which has pressure prongs that will tap into the cord itself. Reseat the insert and voila, new lamp.

I hate to think how busy hubby must be, but it never hurts to learn a new, even minor, skill.

Marc

Reply to
MrAoD

Right on Barc. Where's the pics ya know-it-all f*ck? One search on my link revealed this (among thousands of other hits)

go f*ck yourself Barc..

Reply to
James Keene

thank you marc. yes, you're right, the google comment was not helpful. i did a search there before i came here but was not able to find it in the million+ replies.

thank you aga>

Reply to
mixter

Reply to
mixter

james, thank you. i've printed it out. yep, google had way too many replies to sift thru.

thanks aga>

Reply to
mixter

BZZZZZZ...wrong answer, shit fer brains. "helpful sob" could have at least plugged the seach into Google and then posted the link here. How does he or you ("shit fer brains") know that the original poster even knows about Google?

He don't. You don't. Shit fer brains.

Reply to
I-zheet M'drurz

thanks for your help folks, mission accomplised...........the light went on.

mixter

Reply to
mixter