Hi all: I have a nine year old Mitsubishi 26 inch tv model CS-26201 on
which the parental lock feature has somehow been accidently activated. When
the tv is turned on, a screen immediately appears that displays a message
advising that the parental lock is activated and asking for a entry of a
four digit code to access the tv. The owner's manual disappeared years ago,
so would appreciate any advice re. how to disable/bypass parental lock.
Thanks for your replies! PE
I have a CS-32509. I've never used this feature, and didn't even know it
existed, but here's the instructions for "cancelling or changing parental
1) Press the MENU button. The Main Menu will appear on the screen.
2) Select "Advanced Features" using the ADJUST up/down buttons. Press
3) Select "Use Parental Lock" using the ADJUST button. Press ENTER/EXCH.
4) Enter the four digits of your secret code using the number buttons (0-
9). Press ENTER/EXCH.
5) If you have locked the TV, use the ADJUST up/down buttons to select
the setting "Off" to turn off the lock. If you have locked the channel.
use the ADJUST buttons to place the cursor next to the channel whose lock
you want to cancel. Press ENTER/EXCH.
6) Press the CANCEL button to unlock that channel, or use the ADJUST
buttons to change the channel to a new one.
7) Press the MENU button to return to the "Advanced Features" menu.
IF YOU FORGET YOUR FOUR-DIGIT SECRET CODE, PLEASE SEE THE APPENDIX
"PROCEDURE FOR BYPASSING THE PARENTAL LOCK.
HERE IT IS:
If you forget the code, you can view the locked TV without entering the
code. To do this, simply press the buttons on your remote labeled "QV"
and "9" at the same time whenever your secret code is requested.
Unlocking with this procedure is only temporary. To cancel the lock
completely, follow the procedure below.
1) Turn on your TV. If the TV requests your secret code, press the "QV"
button and the "9" button on the remote control at the same time.
2)Press the MENU button to view the main menu. Use the ADJUST button to
select "Advanced" Features". Press ENTER/EXCH.
3) Use the ADJUST button to select "Use Parental Lock". Press
4) Press press the "QV" button and the "9" button on the remote control
at the same time, instead of entering the code.
5) If you were using "Lock the TV", the lock must be turned off. Using
the ADJUST up/down buttons, select the "Off" setting.
6) If you were using the "Lock the Channel", use the ADJUST up/down
buttons to place the cursor next to the channel whose lock you want to
turn off. Press ENTER/EXCH.
7) Press the CANCEL button to unlock that channel or use the ADJUST
up/down buttons to change the channel to a new one.
8) Press the MENU button to return to the "Advanced Features".
YOU MUST USE THE REMOTE CONTROL INCLUDED WITH THIS TV. YOU CANNOT US A
REMOTE CONTROL FROM ANOTHER MITSUBISHI COMPONENT AND YOU CANNOT USE
"UNIVERSAL" REMOTES FROM OTHER MANUFACTURERS.
Hope this helps,
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.