How difficult to install a backsplash?

We need a single row 6" tile backsplash in our bathroom. We've bought the tile and have a tile cutter (my husband had tiled his own floor several years ago). We'll have to cut about 4 tiles out of 14. There wil be 3 sections as a cabinet sits on the countertop flush with the wall. I have 2 questions, having never tiled myself:
1) In general, how difficult is wall tiling?
2) Since we have the interruption in the wall, do we start the end that is not next to anything with a full tile and cut the tile next to each side of the cabinet?
Thanks,
Cin
--
Newsguy Express Usenet Accounts: 15GB/month at only $9.95!

Wall tiling is easy for me.
Details are in the layout. I tend to start from the middle and go both ways, until I get to something that looks good to me. I always end up with a ton of pencil marks on the wall until I find something that I like.
SQLit wrote:

We didn't need to know that... ;-)
Cindy wrote:

Very easy, a little tougher to do a good job and still tougher to do an excellent job. What you need to do, is very, very easy.

You don't want to have little pieces of tile. Many people will cut the tile at either end instead of having one little cut piece.
Home Depot will cut tile for you if you need a more precision cut, or need to notch for an outlet or something. You're supposed to have bought the tile there, but the guys in the aisle don't really care too much about that.
Cindy wrote:

Depends upon the wall and few other things but for a simple splash as you describe, you can do it.
Search the net some. You'll find pics and instructions galore.

Lay it out dry and see which looks best to you.

explanation.
says...

Books and photos are great but I'd rather hear first hand accounts to see if it's as easy and straightforward as it appears :-)
Cin
--
Newsguy Express Usenet Accounts: 15GB/month at only $9.95!

Yes it's easy and straight forward to install the tile if you're properly prepared. The hardest part is making the layout, which is best done by sketching on graph paper. Get all your measurements and see what fits. Don't forget that you can use different spacing (grout line width) to adjust small differences. A common principle is to not have any cut tiles that are smaller than half of full size, but in your case, with the cabinet interupting the line, that may not apply.
You don't say if there will be wall space above the tile or if the tile will fit all the available space. If there is space above the tile, be sure to get tile with one rounded edge. That way you have a nice finished look. I think it is called bull nose. If I am wrong I am sure someone will correct me.
Charlie

Thanks Charlie, I did get bullnose!
Cin
--
Newsguy Express Usenet Accounts: 15GB/month at only $9.95!