How did sand get inside my sawzall?

I was making some cuts today on some underground pipes using my Milwaukee sawzall. The saw was placed very close to the ground and as I turned on the saw it seems to blast sand in all directions. I thought may be it is because of the two slots on the side of the housing blowing out as the motor spins. After I was done wipe the saw down and I noticed as I shake the saw sand began to pour out of the spot where the trigger switch is. There was quite a bit of sand coming out. How did these sand get inside? Was there any part of the saw that may suck sand in? Should I be concerned and open up the housing to do some cleaning or leave it alone?

Thanks,

MC

Reply to
MiamiCuse

Most (All?) saws suck air in somewhere and blow it out somewhere else (to cool the motor). You probably had the inlet area close to the ground when you turned it on.

Reply to
Larry The Snake Guy

Get an air blower nozzle on and air compressor and blow it out good.

Reply to
SteveB

I got sand in my saw last week when I stuck it down a post hole to cut some roots.

When I took it out and turned it on it blew a lot of sand out of the motor slots.

Dirt happens.

Reply to
DerbyDad03