how contractors really size aircon

Page 2 of 3

I truly believe you can tell a lot about any craftsman by their demeanor in a lot of ways. The vehicle they drive and the shape it is in. The looks and organization of their tools and tool boxes. Even their tool belts and personal appearance.
Steve
wrote

That doesn't count for anything. One could be the *best* technician in their field, but a failing business owner. Is it likely that this guy drives a nice new shinny vehicle?
Or a guy that has all those nice new shinny items, yet lacks the training to understand how to use them. Doesn't understand what the readings mean. Is this the guy you want? After all, his boss paid for his tools, so he must be a smart man. LOL
SteveB wrote:

Actually half of the very best Engineers that worked on the space program were doers and not writers. Can you name even one writing by Howard Hughes, Ford of Ford motors. Most Technical white papers are edited by an office girl to make it understandable by the general public. Carl Sagan was an excellent writer, but a Mass plaguerist and not an actual doer. But without him, any people who did fantastic feats of Engineering and design breakthroughs would be unknown. Some of the most state of the art Microwave research was done in laboratories you had to scoop shovel your way through. Some of the finest environmental systems for space and the food stuffs were conceived in shabby filthy garages in Southern and Northern California. Just keep in mind the shoemakers children have no shoes. I once worked with a fellow that was so touchy about everything being perfect that he didn't bother to learn the basic practical sciences. He had book learning and could not tie his own shoes. Some fellows by the name of Harold Lord, Nicola Testla, Robert Froelich were the sloppiest bastards you could ever want to meet. But they all made huge break throughs.. Look-em up. ;-) Ever hear of Lawrence/Livermore labs.. Years back they were pits that looked like dumpsites.
And why is Home.Repair crossposted here?

wrote

Ask Bubba. He started it.
BTW, I shall trim further posts so as not to include hvac group to our discussions, as it is a waste of time. HVAC just doesn't get it.
Steve
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 08:02:55 -0700, "SteveB"

crossposted YOUR shit in here. I just replied. I wouldnt want anyone over there in home repair to miss out on just how stupid you really are. Bubba
SteveB wrote:

wrote

Exactly, cause everybody knows that a CJT is a definate fuckup!
On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 09:20:05 -0700, "SteveB"

You're skills are still lacking. That's the best you could come up with? I left the ( " ) out of I'd? Wow! You are really reaching. By the way, since you are correcting my English that I supposedly don't know so well, how is it that you missed the fact that I also forgot the apostrophe in the word (wouldnt) above? I also would not start your sentences with "Or is English your second language?" It would sound better starting it with "Is English your second language?" Maybe this is where I correct your next sentence and ask an ass like you........... "Are you just plain vanilla fucking stupid?" You'll notice you left out the question mark at the end of your sentence. If you are going to teach, "learnt" it the right way first, fucktard! Come back in 10 years after you've polished up on your skills and maybe we'll let you play with the 8 yr olds. Bubba
wrote

You've bored me for the last time. Go back to jerking around your hvac clients.
Steve
plonk
wrote

It must suck to have someone make you out to be an idiot. LOL
On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 19:56:59 -0700, "SteveB"

closely you will find it is your own hand jerking your own "pud". Bite me Pinhead. Bubba

Thank you ever so much. Too bad I wasn't talking to you.
How was that?
Steve

How does "I wasn't talking to you" make your shit correct? LOL

If you call typing on your keyboard talking, it was ok; however, you were addressing two separate newsgroups with hundreds of members, not just one guy. Your first clue may have been when you clicked "Reply to Group".
You did ask... :)

wrote

So let me see if I have this straight... A person who flunks grammar, can't qualify as a top technician? One must pass (with flying colors) every single subject to be a master in his or her field?
Clue, one can drop-out of school and make a million. Be the best guy for any job and make you look like a complete idiot. Passing English isn't a requirement for anything other than becoming a damn English teacher, Bozo.
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

And right about now there is a Mexican that just jumped the border that can't speak a word of English and is headed out to take that fellow job.. ;-p All he has to do is a good job and mumble a bit and folks will think he is a Texan.. ;-)

wrote

You mean like Bill Gates??

I needed a hvac unit for a 1,000 sf addition. We recently did a smaller one at a smaller redo for $6 per sf. I got a bid of $6100. Thought that was high. So, I go another and it was $7500. Went to a friend who recommended a friend who owns a local hvac place. They're going to do it to the $7500 bid specs, using the same model unit, and for $4100.
Yes, most hvac men are idiots and crooks. And yes, anyone who has a room temperature IQ can get around them, get a job done, and get it for a fair price. But why is it that hvac attracts so many flies? I'd rather deal with the septic pumper guy. At least they don't put on airs about who they are or what they do.
Steve
wrote

The friend likely has no liability insurance, parts stock, warranty service, etc, etc... Make sure you put that extra money aside, you'll be using it and more to fix the fuck-ups in a couple years. If it lasts that long.

Bubba