How Come My Brand New Stainless Steel Sink Stains?

Page 3 of 4

I'll remember the acid-based cleanser tip and I'm going to pick up some Bar Keeper's Friend to try in the future also.
mg wrote the following:

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Yup, as Mike says, that's how you do it. What bothered me was that I thought the stain was down in the metal, but it actually isn't. So, it's just a matter of using the right cleaning stuff.

Cheap stainless steel made in India. I have had all sorts of problem with Indian stainless steel.
-sw

I'm pretty sure cowboy stainless is a good choice. Giddyup!!

There could be some ingredient in the soap that is making the stain - switch to something else, compare labels, and see what happens.
I never ever wanted a stainless sink - no matter how spotless and sterile they are, to me they always look dirty .... I love me my porcelain. ;-)
N.

I never wanted a porcelain sink. They always show dirt, filth, and look scuzzy after a short period. And they chip so easily. Once chipped, they really look like pure crap.
But to each his or her own.

Yup, YMMV. I've never had any of the problems you mention above and my sink always looks clean, bright and spotless.
N.

I'm actually not that crazy about them either, but my stove turned out to be a GE that is black with stainless steel. So, then I got a GE over the stove microwave to match and a refrigerator to that's also stainless with a black water dispenser. After that a stainless steel sink seemed like the only alternative.
Life can be tough for a bachelor who is trying to redecorate and doesn't know what in the hell he's doing. That sounds funny, but it's true. And that's not the worst of it, by the way, there's also the countertop and back splash and flooring to decide on. I was going to go with travertine for the floors, but then I found out what a nightmare that was to keep clean and prevent staining. So, now I dunno . . . probably some kind of ceramic tile that sort of looks like rock, I guess.
mg wrote:

Second that. I'm just about finished with my remodel, so I invited a lady over to show off.
Her comment: "Man Cave!"
"How do you figure," I asked. "I mean the place could use some doilies and knick-knacks, I admit, but..."
"The buffalo head over the fireplace is a dead give-away."

Maybe it was your cologne. She was not partial to Gun Oil scents?
A little dab behind the ears should attract the right lady.

Might get Sarah Palin giving your neck a nibble if you wore that ;)
Stu
More than simply a recipe website http://foodforu.ca
Please Note: The information in this post is the intellectual property of it's author. If you have made this information available for viewing on a website without the authors authorization you must remove it immediately. Authorization cannot be simply implied, it must come directly from the post's author.

The kid gave his wife a Glock for their first anniversary, last year. It worked for him, so I may try Au de Walther on SWMBO this year.

The Glock worked???????
On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 17:29:15 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown

Quite well, wanna try anything?

I see nothing I hear nothing.
On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 12:27:43 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown

Nevermore.
On 2/23/2010 7:06 PM, Oren wrote:

There's a waitress at the local Friendlys with a powder burn on her right cheek--she's sensitive about it, she just doesn't grasp how much of a turn on that is for the right guy.
On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 20:27:18 -0500, "J. Clarke"

Now you gonna tell me she is blonde, right?
Be careful mixing various scents of gun oil. You could find yourself surrounded by vast qualities of attractive women.
I'm working on a blonde female attractant.
On 2/23/2010 9:40 PM, Oren wrote:

'fraid not, very dark brown hair. Nice looking though.