How can I upload an image?

Page 3 of 3
Walter R. wrote:

The easiest way is to upload the photo to a personal webpage, then post the URL into the nonbinary newsgroup. As a personal aside, I won't click on a shortened URL... you have no idea where you're going until you get there. I prefer to look before I leap. Others may also....
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

TinyURL filtered a nasty website for me, so hat's off to them.

--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

Walter, you could open an account with Shutterfly (www.shutterfly.com), create an album and upload your pix to that album, send yourself the link via e-mail, and then copy /paste that link into a new message here. It's a lot easier to do it than to explain it!
Liz
Photobucket is another free site to do it as well

Thanks to all of you who were helpful.
Actually, I have several websites. But, they are complex and I prefer not to mess them up just to upload one image.
Thanks to your suggestions I found a free site where people can post their photos: http://www.imageshack.us/ I will give them a try. There are others.
--
Walter
www.rationality.net
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info
Walter R. wrote:

You don't have to mess it up. You just upload the jpg file to a directory in the page somewhere and then post the URL in the newsgroup. You need not make a reference to the hyperlink on the webpage to store something there... you only have to post the complete URL for the photo in the newsgroup. As far as normal visitors to your website go, they won't have a clue the picture's there for the downloading. Only the folks who click on the hyperlink in the newsgroup will see the picture.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info
On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 09:19:04 -0400, in alt.home.repair RE: Re: How can I upload an image? - DSC_9057_3.sized.jpg (1/1) "Craven Morehead"

A: Nothing really. A Newsgroup, like life itself, is full of morons. Just ignore them. Don't respond to them. Even better, don't waste time reading their comments. They aren't likely to be able to contribute anything worth your time.
Q: What can I do about this?
A: Some newsgroups by their nature attract people who are not accustomed to following a logical progression of written comments. They either lack the intelligence to do so or are just too lazy. They read and reply to only the last comment without any concern for, or attempt at, understanding previous comments. Often their contribution is useless.
Q: Then why are there some newsgroups with a lot of top posters?
A: Because it destroys the logical flow of a thread of comments.
Q: Why do so many people object to top posting?
A: Writing your reply to a message above what you are referring to rather than below it.
Q: What is "top posting"?
Read this asshole.
Let's see here, about this kaner: Reply-To: snipped-for-privacy@UCE.GOV [Hmm, impersonating a gvt agency ] X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 1.8/32.127 [your newsreader ] MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Complaints-To: snipped-for-privacy@supernews.com [who you posted thru ] Lines: 45 Xref: number1.nntp.dca.giganews.com alt.home.repair:763872 [Your specific message, including the timestamp, etc.. ] ....
--------------------------- Whether your email address is real or not is irrelevant because the fact is, you could be hunted down if someone really wanted to trace you. Which I don't, so don't sweat it; you're not worth the effort, believe me. It's not as easy to hide as you think it is, if a person is determined to track you down. ------------- BTW, some of these look familiar to you?
I don't have AOL . . . . . . but my newly installed network logging software shows an attempt to contact 64.12.151.56 (my-v2.aol.com) every 15 minutes. ... alt.aol - Oct 30 2002, 4:24 pm by David Reihmer - 4 messages - 2 authors
Motorola support (or lack of) It appears this "Mobile Phone Tools" (MPT) thing, sucks. I know it isn't nearly as friendly as some of the previous s/w I've used. ... alt.cellular.cingular - Mar 7, 12:11 pm by Craven Morehead - 18 messages - 8 authors
Which bluetooth headset for glasses wearer? What he's trying say is he has difficulty clipping the headset to his ear since his frames are in the way. Try using some more imagination ... alt.cellular.motorola - Mar 28, 11:36 am by Craven Morehead - 11 messages - 9 authors
How can I upload an image? - DSC_9057_3.sized.jpg (1/1) ... bignumber.bellsouth.net!news.bellsouth.net!bignews6.bellsouth.net.POSTED!4833ec9c! not-for-mail From: "Craven Morehead"
alt.home.repair - Aug 3, 4:33 pm by Red Cloud - 40 messages - 20 authors
551 to 551 via BT? LWM, I wuz wrong. You do NOT have to move data to your PC first. I unnerving thing is that I knew that. Must have been a "senior moment". ... alt.cellular.motorola - Apr 29, 1:09 pm by Craven Morehead - 12 messages - 8 authors
v551 burst disrupts my stereo Todd H. et al, Actually, the handset transmit power does vary. The cell site evaluates the signal quality from the handset and commands ... alt.cellular.cingular - Mar 23, 2:21 pm by Craven Morehead - 6 messages - 4 authors
Washer on weak floor - advice needed I assume you mean right against the drywall? No cutting out to expose the joists? John, Use the jack to support a 2" x 12" x 4', placed ... alt.home.repair - Jan 7 2004, 9:55 pm by John Vannoy - 9 messages - 5 authors
razr v3 unlocking I'm not sure how the activity would be questionable. If I purchased a phone from the store at full price and they won't unlock it ... alt.cellular.cingular - Mar 8, 1:52 pm by Jack Zwick - 15 messages - 7 authors
BC246T Broken Volume knob (almost) Any other BC246 owners seeing this problem. Look closely. Mine is about 3 months old with NO abuse. A small crack has developed in the "volume" knob. ... alt.radio.scanner - Aug 2, 6:36 pm by Alex Clayton - 2 messages - 2 authors
Faucet Repair O-ring Lubrication Grease just curious: shouldn't the grease be labeled "food grade" if your going to be drinking from the faucet? Not that I ....uhhh...ever ... alt.home.repair - Jan 6 2004, 2:51 pm by jmagerl - 8 messages - 8 authors
Lots more available there too. ------------------- And how about this? New! Get the latest messages on snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com emailed to you with Google Alerts.

Easiest way is to go to http://hotlinkit.tk/ upload your images then copy the link to the images and paste them here.
Like this:
http://www.yourimg.com/?img /216/00/bicycle.jpg