How can I upload an image?

Greetings Walter,

If you just have one or two sets e-mail them to me and I'll slap it up for you and give you a URL. If you have many more you can get a free webpage or pay for a cheap hosting plan.

I make no suggestions but you can find an example free site at:

Hope this helps, William

Reply to
William.Deans

This really has been thrashed to dust over the years. Try DAGS first. RTFM and all that.

Besides, English has potential for word-pictures. See Conrad, Sandburg, Lincoln, etc.

TTFN, J

Reply to
barry

To the group, you dont. This is a non binary group.

Reply to
Carolina Breeze HVAC

Reply to
ng_reader

Hey Poop, STFU. Nobody's interested in your petty, lame-ass arguments. Get back to your room, your keepers are looking for you.

Reply to
rod

STFU Poop, you old kaner.

-- poop ain't shit.

Reply to
rod

Who cares you old asswipe.

STFU kaner!

Reply to
G Henslee

Poop's an asswipe. Besides being stump stupid, Poops's never been either helpful or smart in his entire kaner life.

Reply to
rod

I read your post and understood what YOU wrote just fine. You did NOT state that you knew anything about posting suggestions nor guidelines to a non binary group, NOR did you state in any manner that you knew, or even realized that this is a non binary group. You asked a question, and you got an answer, based upon what you yourself wrote. Negative? Waste of bandwidth? You asked a question and you got an answer, sorry if it didnt suit you and you had to reply in a negative pissy manner. What a waste of bandwith. Might I suggest then, that you learn how to use your computer at any of the various sites that can be Googled, or searched via your web browser that tell you how to upload items to the net as some of us have for many years since little has changed in that manner. The simplist manner is to use the free webspace that is provided by your local ISP if its worth a damn, and to use any of the various free FTP programs that allow you to search your computer for the files and pics that you wish to transfer to the local space provided at no cost to you by your ISP.. Simple, and cheap....any other questions that you want to rehash over and over and over again and waste all that bandwidth?

BTW....next time you want us to read minds, please allow us to complete our mindreading 101 class first, since we will be knowing in advance that you are going to post in a manner that leaves many wondering what in hell you really want...and might I suggest that if you are going to reply in a pisy manner since no one could read your damn mind as to what you want, that you learn to clarify in a manner when you post that all that read this know that you do no mean to post the pic HERE but on a free website ya cheap ass bastid.

Happy now?

Reply to
Carolina Breeze HVAC

Well, no, it's not likely to result in loss of their account - that's taking it too far and sort of silly. With so many binary groups in existance, such a complaint wouldn't even be noticed, let alone result in an account loss for one instance, after which the poster would realize that, for instance, on this group, the image just doesn't show up.

Reply to
Pop

Had you given a POSITIVE response, and told HOW to do that, and then mentioned in passing the rest, you'd be on solid ground. But the negativity of your post is obvious, as is the point that you did not make the post in the ineterst of helping the OP.

I don't normally bother with stuff like you, but you deserve a comeback from someone who DOES know. You must have too much time on your hands.

Pop

Reply to
Pop

It varies, actually. If you have a personal web site, which it sounds like you do not, you could just put it there, and give a link here to that page.

There are also "free" (advertising based) web sites, plus, even better, places that will let you put your pictures up and then give links to them. My daughter uses one at msn.com, I know Yahoo has one, and several others I'm not aware of.

If you do a search on Google for "upload picture" +free

+link or some similar variation, you will probably get at least enough hits to allow you to forumlate a better search. I'm surprised people haven't come in and given some URLs to these places; there are a lot of them.

If you don't have luck soon, come back and re-ask; I can look up some specific URLs to try. Better if you try on your own though; then you can't blame me if it's not just what you want .

HTH Pop

Reply to
Pop

Sometimes it is helpful to display a photo in conjunction with a query at this NG.

What is the simplest and cheapest way to show an image pertaining to a post?

Thank you

Reply to
Walter R.

Post the photo on a webpage, and provide a link in your post.

Usenet is intended as a text only medium, and posting anything other than text in a non-binary newsgroup will get you a lot of abuse, and possibly the loss of your internet account.

rusty redcloud

Reply to
Red Cloud©

In future, please abbreviate the word "bandwidth" as "bndwth" thereby saving precious bndwth.

It's for the chldrn.

Thnks

Reply to
HeyBub

Please read a post more carefully before responding. I did not ask what I should *not* do. (I know that very well). I asked how it *should* be done, without posting an image to a non-binary NG. Strictly negative responses are a worthless waste of bandwidth.

Reply to
Walter R.

The easiest way is to upload the photo to a personal webpage, then post the URL into the nonbinary newsgroup. As a personal aside, I won't click on a shortened URL... you have no idea where you're going until you get there. I prefer to look before I leap. Others may also....

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN