How Can I Tell if Trim Paint is Oil or Latex?

I'm repainting rooms. How can I tell if a paint is latex or oil based?
Thanks
Mike
Mike writes:

Apply a solvent that dissolves one but not the other.
<< I'm repainting rooms. How can I tell if a paint is latex or oil based? >>
Read the label on the can. If the label is gone, smell the paint. Mineral sprits in oil based have an unpleasant smell. Latex paints have very lttle odor. HTH
Joe
I need to determine if paint on the wood trim is oil or latex.
Mike

Use rubbing alcohol on a rag. Latex will come off, oil base won't.

Thanks,
Moike