How can I send a chainsaw from USA to UK?

I suggest you call Fed-Ex. I don't know if they ship to Canada but I got a new 4 HP engine that was shipped by them. It *used* to have gasoline in it. They have to test them before the sell them. The shipping was only around $25 so I don't think there was a "Hazardous Materials" fee or anything. I also got a 5000 watt generator and it came in a big truck (Consolidated Freightways perhaps?). It can't be that big of a deal, at least not within the USA, because generators etc are shipped regularly and usually the shipping is not all that much except for the fact that they are big and heavy.

Reply to
Ulysses

The easiest would be to buy new equipment and ship it in the original box with all of the packaging. Just ask the dealer to not service it. As a former Echo dealer, I used to have products shipped by UPS all of the time with no problems, the factory packaging is even UPS damage proof. Two stroke stuff is completely dry of fuel and oil and most of the larger four stroke stuff had only a couple of ounces of oil that was used when they test started the engines at the factory. I still don't understand how that could lubricate adequately for a 30 second run.

Reply to
Robert Bates

What if one were to give both tanks a quick rinse with methanol, leaving a small amount in the gas tank? Followed by a few seconds runtime to purge carb. Then rinse again. J

Reply to
barry