How can I rename the private road that starts on my property?

Contact whatever entity assigns 911 addresses. They must approve all addresses.

My house faces the 4400 block but because my drive winds around about

400 feet reaching the road, the entrance is in the 4500 block. and that is my address.
Reply to
aasberry

Also 'Emergency' services? Numerous cases of an ambulance or a fire truck etc. wandering around looking for a certain locally named lane or road! This being one instance where trying to be individualistic and free of 'bureaucracy' may be will not pay out!

If and when the name is changed, there would be in some countries/ jurisdictions, a procedure to be followed; such as 'Publishing for a period not less than five days in a local newspaper ....., also advising in writing the county sheriff, county land records, fire department, local ambulance services etc. etc.'. Also land deeds will no doubt mention the name of the access or abutting road and several might have to be amended. With a 'Previously named xyz road' notation; small legal fees?

Why bother? Vanity? Hate the old name? Local feud? Wish to rename after self, wife, daughter etc.?

Reply to
terry

Reply to
Jo Ann