How can a mouse trap be tripped and no mouse?

Page 3 of 3

Get a rat zapper. Check them out on ebay. they work awesome.
ANTS I had the same problem and I saw them

You've got a bad trigger or some other fault. I suspect too much of a hair trigger. We use the Victor traps, too, but when I get a trap with confirmed kills I use it forever. We used to keep track by drawing little "killed" lines on the sides, but all the really good ones are completely marked up now. Once you find a good one (snapped the mouse cleanly and quickly on the neck) you'll get good at figuring out how much of a hair trigger it needs to have to work well. Too much and it goes off in a draft (opening a door) and too little and the mouse can do jumping jacks while eating the PB.
james wrote:

It could have something to do with the brand of cheese. It better not be Nolan's.
See this documentary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqlQS5CCmwI

Years ago, I set up mouse traps. I was sitting at the computer one time, and a mouse came out to eat off the trap. I tried to get a picture, but every time I moved, the mouse fled. It was small enough and gentle enough not to trip the trap. I put down some mouse food baits, and havn't seen mousie since then. Perhaps your mouse population likes mouse food baits.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
james wrote:

I've had ants eat the mouse bait off the trap and mice eat the ant bait. I think it's a mouse/ant conspiracy.
TDD
On Thursday, 21 January 2010 18:01:19 UTC, james wrote:

nut

Don't know how long ago this thread was started but i saw a mouse in my fla t about a week ago set a few traps caught a few already just got back home and i've found a set trap not unlike yourself triggered but was moved about 16inches.......Any1 smell a rat?
On Thu, 20 Feb 2014 18:46:38 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com wrote:

http://all-starmaidservice.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/mouse_with_helmet.jpg
On Friday, 21 February 2014 02:59:01 UTC, Metspitzer wrote:

peanut

is

flat about a week ago set a few traps caught a few already just got back ho me and i've found a set trap not unlike yourself triggered but was moved ab out 16inches.......Any1 smell a rat?

_helmet.jpg
lmao

AIUI, even with the helmet, they are likely to suffer concussions. The NCMM has banned trap robbing for mice under 2 years old.
On Friday, 21 February 2014 03:23:48 UTC, micky wrote:

peanut

his

flat about a week ago set a few traps caught a few already just got back h ome and i've found a set trap not unlike yourself triggered but was moved a bout 16inches.......Any1 smell a rat?

h_helmet.jpg

actually laughed out loud at this
On Thu, 20 Feb 2014 20:04:00 -0800 (PST), Matty M

Great.
On 2/20/2014 10:23 PM, micky wrote:

Not this mouse.
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130909033423/poohadventures/images/4/47/Speedy_Gonzales.jpg

You should keep current. Mr. Gonzales was admitted December 28th, 2013 to the Los Angeles Humane Hospice on Wilshire Blvd. He had originally been treated at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center the night of Dec. 25th, when his friends thought he had just been drinking too much. After a battery of exams over the next two days. he was diagnosed with Repetitive Head Injury Syndrome http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/92189-overview and transferred to the hospice, where Mr. Gonzales was found to also suffer from Post-concussion Syndrome. http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/post-concussion-syndrome/basics/definition/con-20032705
Doctors give him only two months to live. From the LATimes, Jan 14, 2014: "A long stream of visitors have arrived to pay their respects. Seen entering the hospiice are both the famous and the non-famous, mice, cats, and humans 'Speedy is as always a very intesting guy. We had a great conversation, almost a half hour. I'm going to miss him greatly.' said Sylvester to this reporter"