How about this thing to heat the garage?

I have just nothing to do today...
This is the Mr Heater little buddy propane heater...
(Amazon.com product link shortened)03664302/sr=1-8/ref=sr_1_8/002-5242251-3513643?v=glance&s=home-garden
Seems like it would do a decent job for my garage/gym. I expect to be out there maybe 3-4 hours per week total, so I would only need 1 or 2 pound cannisters a month. (Do they sell the one pounders at home depot in the winter?)
Plus I could use it in the house if the oil burner fails (likely) or the power goes out.
Thoughts?
Bluesman
On 21 Dec 2004 13:28:04 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net wrote:

Buy yourself a Kerosun Omni 105 heater instead. Lots more heat for a lot less money. Propane is a VERY expensive way to heat anything. If you maintain a Kerosun heater carefully, it's clean enough to use inside a house as temporary heat.
BB
Damn, that Kerosun Omni thing is $220 bucks...
I only need heat in the garage for a few hours a week and only when the temp is below 35 degrees...and the Mr Heater thing is built for indoor use (o2 sensor and so forth.)
Bluesman
On 21 Dec 2004 15:31:39 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net wrote:

The Kerosun is cheaper and better in the long run by a country mile. Look at the output! That little thing you are looking at will have to run all day to warm up the garage. The Omni will do it much quicker and cheaper.
BB

(Amazon.com product link shortened)03664302/sr=1-8/ref=sr_1_8/002-5242251-3513643?v=glance&s=home-garden
Cute. It could heat our dog house if it is not too cold out.
I use a 30,000 Btu heater in my garage and it is not enough when the temperature gets below 20 degrees. Buying the one pound canister will cost you a fortune.
If your house heater goes out, this will keep your feet warm while the pipe freeze. Chances are the home heater is about 150,000 to 180,000 Btu.
On 21 Dec 2004 13:28:04 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net wrote:

If you are going to use a propane heater, (Mr. Heater) het one that mounts on a 20lb tank, like the ones for a gas grill. You can get one of them filled for $15. Those little disposible tanks will cost you a fortune. I got a Mr. Heater for a 20lb tank, I heat a small 10X12 work shed with it. It's dont get no 70deg in there when the outdoor temp is zero, but it's tolerable. This shed has a real high ceiling too, at 10ft. I can run that heater at the middle setting for about 40 hours on one tank. You would be getting about 2 to 3 hours on one of those small tanks. At $3 each, it would cost you about $50 to $60 for 40 hours. They also make a dual head Mr. Heater. That would put out twice the heat, but the tank would last half as long. I have never had one of them.
Mark
Cabelas sells an adaptor to allow you to refill your little propane tanks from your 20 poundtank on the gas grill. We refill our propane tanks for about 80 cents a pound (I guessed that amount.)