How a Lock Works...

Here's a pretty good animation I came across which can be used to show your non-techie friends and young kids what goes on when you push a key into a cylinder lock and turn it.
http://www.wkrp.org/Lock
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
On 5/22/15 7:46 PM, Jeff Wisnia wrote:

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
In Stir Crazy, did you notice Grossberger wearing a Brass Rat? How come he couldn't figure out the locks? How come the movie didn't get any academy awards? How come JoBeth Williams didn't look that hot in other movies?
On 5/22/15 9:36 PM, J Burns wrote:

There's his Brass Rat!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v
5cshs3cdc
Skip looks and sounds like Edward Winslow, the well-heeled writer who befriended the Indians, whom other Pilgrims found intimidatingly big and strong.
J Burns wrote:

You must have eyes like a hawk!
Did you spot that on the screen and figger it out or didja already know that the actor playing Grossberger, Erland van Lidth, always wore one?
His bio does state he attended MIT from 1972-1976.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
On 5/23/15 3:47 PM, Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Google is my friend.
Erland van Lidth de Jeude, born into a Dutch noble family, came to America at 5. In Manhattan he was a computer professional, college instructor, and opera singer. He was supposed to wrestle in the 1980 Olympics, but the US boycotted them over Afghanistan.
His brother and sister are also opera singers. He died at 34.
On Fri, 22 May 2015 19:46:20 -0400, Jeff Wisnia

Excellent animation! Thanks for posting.
Jeff Wisnia posted for all of us...

I don't mess with keys in locks... I just slip it into her box!
Stumped will finally learn how a lock works-maybe.
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*