Household Lube-- what do you use?

OOOOHHH, that's a straight line!!!! Someone stop me!!!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

OK, I'm calling for references. Lets see some proof.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon
1) Lock Ease, they call it. I used to service the locks at a hotel that used lock ease. The stuff dries up, and creates more problems than it solves. I avoid the stuff, and ask people not to use it. (20 years experience as a locksmith)

2) I've never heard that graphite is hygroscopic. some proof, please? I've used a graphite dispenser that I bought in 1986 or so. I've long since lost the cap, and can't say as it's ever absorbed moisture. It's raining today, and I was using powdered graphite less than an hour ago on a lock call. No signs of moisture.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The stuff you apply stays outside the tube.

Reply to
Nick Hull

Many moons ago I used to work in a hardware store. We had locksmith on staff. He always used, and sent customers home with, graphite powder. He said that any oily substance would accumulate debris and eventually muck up the works.

I'm still on that page.

Angrie.Woman