Household goods affordability

Page 7 of 10

wrote:<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; Example in 2004 I have retire = just for me and my wife I was paying BC&amp;BS type <BR>&gt;&gt; J coverage $1900.00 per month, the very same coverage group insured was <BR>&gt;&gt; paying $800.00 or less, perhaps some of you reading this will tell me that is <BR>&gt;&gt; fair: I don't think so". What happens with people like me we want change even <BR>&gt;&gt; on the end perhaps become losers?&nbsp; That is why some = people don't care who <BR>&gt;&gt; they are taking it from "They want the Change"!<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp; What do you mean "covered = group"?<BR>&gt; -- <BR>&gt; America is at that awkward stage. It's too late<BR>&gt; to work = within the system, but too early to shoot<BR>&gt; the bastards."-- Claire Wolfe<BR>&gt;</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Calisto MT"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Calisto MT">Ok my English is not that great. = </FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Calisto MT">I&nbsp;SAID <U>BEFORE</U> I WENT INTO RETIREMENT</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Calisto MT">I as individual was paying $1900.00 = BC&amp;BS of N.J. for medical coverage per month</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Calisto MT">while people that are insure through a = group paying only $800.00 or less for the </FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Calisto MT">same coverage is that = fair????</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Calisto MT"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Calisto MT">Note: This does not have anything to do = with Medicare or Medicgap</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=

What do you think "covet" means? It means "yearn to possess or have". How does wanting to have something wreck society? Isn't that what consumer demand is all about?

What evidence do you have to support this?

Sin. "Sin is treating people as things".

That doesn't make a lick of sense. If my neighbor has a Rolls Royce, and I think, "I envy his Rolls Royce. I wish I had one", where's the harm?
Cindy Hamilton

On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 16:59:52 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@adi.com (Cindy Hamilton) wrote:

What *they* posses. If you don't think that's poisonous, you must be blonde.

Do *you* know what "envy"means?

You're justifying envy. You said it. I'm just repeating what you said.

One.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about.
Envy (from Latin invidia) is a resentment which "occurs when someone lacks another's quality, achievement or possession and wishes that the other lacked it."

You're right. I'm wrong. Thanks for educating me.
Cindy Hamilton

Well, perhaps someone will reply and help you see this. I used to use Google Gripes, but now I'm using trn on Solaris.
Cindy

On Tue, 15 Oct 2013 14:37:39 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@adi.com (Cindy Hamilton) wrote:

For us, eating out was a once or twice a month thing and it WAS fast food. I don't think I ate in a real restaurant till I was 16.

I don't recall my parents ever taking the family out to a fast-food restaurant (there weren't many). We would occasionally go out to a restaurant but certainly not once or twice a month, even before my father died. Rarely, in fact, unless we were traveling.
OTOH, we've been going out three times a week, lately (over the weekend), but never to a fast-food restaurant, again, unless we're traveling (eat on-the-go). Don't need the fast part - would rather have the food part.
On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 14:06:11 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

If I'm working I want the fast part. But it surprises me how little actual difference there is in price between my wife and I eating at a typical fast food place, maybe $16 versus a real sit down restaurant, which for a non-fancy outing might be $21. For the extra $5 you get served, real plates, actual food.....

Exactly. At work, I'm generally eating out at least once a week, always to a real restaurant. Of course, I'm not picking up the check (suppliers buy). ;-) Otherwise, I bag my lunch.
If I'm working around the house, I won't eat until I'm done. If we go out, then, it's a real restaurant. You're right, the difference isn't significant, at least for two people. There's also the tip; that's another $5.
On 10/21/2013 4:26 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

If you're still able to find it for $21, you are doing OK. Seems most of the time now it is $30+. Not difficult to hit $50 either.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Hmmm, Eating out? We never go to a fast food joint to eat junk food. Respectable eatery costs ~100.00 per person including tip at least. Going on a cruise is another option. There are all kinda good deals since economy tanked.

Really? I generally figure about half that. Of course, we rarely have any kind of alcohol when we eat in restaurants.
Perhaps we have differing definitions of "respectable". We don't do "cuisine". The places we go most often (in no particular order): German Indian Turkish Japanese Chinese Italian Syrian Steakhouse
Some quite tasty ethnic meals can be had for $25 for two people.
That's all in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Prices are of course higher in a large metropolis.
Cindy Hamilton

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

Hi, You left out my old country Korea. Korean beef BBQ is good! The place we may be going to eat is formal suit and tie place. Or if I want freebee we can push ourselves to in-laws' private club house, he,he. Some people live to eat, it seems but we eat to live. If I can live without eating, that will be just fine with me.
Here in Calgary AB, there are more hidden rich folks than other cities and consumer price and inflaation rate is higher than national average. Likewise average income of household is higher too. We're retired but we have been able to manage so far. Unemployment rate in the city at the moment is ~4.3%. I used to live in S.S. Marie ON, way back in the '60s. Then to Toronto and transfered out here in the spring of '70 where I raissed family and retired. Now just two of us and a dog in an empty nest. No more cat. Our old cat died in April this year and if we get another kitten, it may outlive losing us.
We love Italian food(our daughter-in-law is Southern Italian) I don't like French cuisine, just good to look at, nothing much to eat,LOL!

You're right. (Doh!) We have two Korean places we like to go; one is a barbecue-at-the-table place, the other is a tiny mom-and-pop joint.

Suit and tie. I can't remember the last time he wore a tie, except for weddings and funerals. Luckily we live in a college town, where a lot of informality is tolerated.
Cindy Hamilton

If I have to wear a suit and tie someone else better be paying for the dinner. I would certainly never inflict such dining on myself.

No children? Think wedding.
On Thu, 24 Oct 2013 13:12:29 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

I didn't consider those two occasions "going out to dinner".

A rehearsal dinner is, by any definition of the term. ;-) I'm sure there are many similar cases.
On Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:18:54 AM UTC-4, Tony Hwang wrote:

A meal at a respectable eatery costing $100+ per person is your idea of a good deal? I didn't see anyone here talking about high end restaurants. Sure, you *can* spend $100 a person at a high end restaurant. Nothing wrong with that. But that isn't the typical dining out experience I'd bet for 100% of the people on the newsgroup.