Houseful of interior trim to paint

Supply of Oil-Based Paint Thins as New Rule Takes Effect Sale Restrictions Aim to Curb Ozone Pollution

By Margaret Webb Pressler Washington Post Staff Writer Tuesday, May 24, 2005; A01

Similar rules have been in effect for a while in California, and restrictive oil-paint laws are being crafted in many northern states. But the mid-Atlantic region has not made as much progress reducing overall pollution as New England has, so the paint restrictions kicked in first in this area. Since Jan. 1, stores in the District, Northern Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware and New York have not been able to order most of the oil-based paints commonly used in household and commercial applications.

| | [...] | | What???!!! | | Where???!!! | | In all states? or which one(s)? | | Citation, please? | | Aspasia. |

Reply to
tracey

Ok, where does it say that, nationwide, it won't be available anymore? This article is from 2005, and I bought some two weeks ago from Sherwin Williams.

Per the article, this is in a few northeastern states and California.

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake