House wrap inside??

I am currently in the process of renovating a back room that would get very cold in the winter (we live in Ontario, Canada). After gutting the room I noticed that there was no house wrap under the siding. My question is, can I apply house wrap from the inside, between the studs before I insulate and apply a vapor barrier? Does the house wrap have to sit on the exterior of the house between the siding and the wall or can I go ahead and tack it up inside?
Thanks
Rene
Well, obviously it has to be between the insulation and the siding. I suppose you could put in from the inside before the insulation, but it probably isn't worth the trouble.
wrecker wrote:

House wrap does two things. It provides a water repellent barrier and a air resistant barrier, but not a vapor barrier.
Adding it inside the wall will not help with the water repellent barrier at all. In the old days tar paper was the usual choice. You may already have that need covered.
The air infiltration barrier can be anywhere. I would think it would make it easier to make it part of the vapor barrier you are going to be using anyway. Just seal up the breaks, like outlet boxes tighter than usual. The reason they use the house wrap is because there are usually fewer breaks for things like outlets and it can work as the water repellent at the same time.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
The purpose of house wrap is too slow air movement, specifically wind loss of heat. To do that it needs to be continous and without breaks (lots of house wraps are essentially useless because during construction it is torn and damaged and never repaired correctly.
So the question is, "How are you going to seal it air tight from stud to stud and floor plate to top plate?" You probably can't, so it will probably be useless to some fraction of 100 percent. If you have lots of time and want to work very precisely, go for it. Otherwise, forget the house wrap.