House Temp

    hi all, we have a gas fired boiler supplying radiator heat in our home controlled by a programable thermostat. for the past few days it appears the temp in the house never rises above 78 degrees (reading on the thermostat). we have it set to run at 80 during our up time, and lower at night. i've notice that the radiators don't appear to be be as hot as they normally are; they have all been bled.
could someting be going on with the thermostat or the boiler itself??? the boiler runs but the house just doesn't appear to be as warm as it usually is, any info, thoughts appreciated
pax, h2

I don't know where you live, but why would you want it to be 80. We live in a cold part of the world (Ontario) and have been down to 35 below this winter. We keep our thermostat at 71 and sometimes thats too warm if we're active that day. I'm a senior and I'm quite comfortable at 71 degrees. One big factor is humidity. If you don't have enough, even 80 can seem chilly. And 80, especially without proper humidity, is bad for yourt health, your furniture, your furnace and your budget. I suspect you may also have drafts. Is the burner cycling on and off. I suspect it is labouring mightily to hit 80 but not quite making it. That could also be dangerous if it overheats ds.

(reverse domain)
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome