House Painting/ Exterior

I am looking to have my home re-painted. My question is--- is primer (on bare wood after prep) plus one finish coat sufficient? Or, should there be two finish coats?
if you're going to skimp on a coat, put two coats of primer on and one of paint. the first primer coat is going to practically disappear into the wood. the second will give you a surface to paint on. primer is cheaper and it will last longer this way.
that said, i personally recommend two coats of each for longest lasting paint job. and you've already got everything prepped..
randy

How come there is 'bare' wood on an existing house to be repainted? Or did you scrape all old paint off? Cos I can understand the discussion about more than one undercoat if it was 'new' never painted before, wood! Just curious.