house painting

I have been collecting some estimates and checking references for getting the exterior of my house painted. I am just about ready to select the painters, but would first appreciate the collected wisdom of the usenet on 2 questions.
1) I have a choice of 3 paints: a) Duron paints - Weatherfield line b) Sherman Williams - Super paint line c) Porter paints - Acryshield line
Of these 3, which do you like best and why?
2) For an extra charge (about 12% of total) I can get Sherman Williams Duration paint.
Is this extra cost a good investment?
I am in the Atlanta metro area if that matters.
--
Rich Greenberg Work: Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com + 1 770 563 6656
N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA Play: richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507

It's a more expensive paint. At the store, it is much more than 12% more expensive. I didn't see what type of surface was being painted. Duration would be better for stucco. Super Paint is probably fine for wood.
Dimitri
snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Rich Greenberg) wrote in message

I haven't used Duron or Porter, but I've used a lot of SW SuperPaint both inside and outside my house, and have been very pleased with it. Just used some last night to paint some exterior trimwork...the stuff is like BUTTAH. Thick, goes on smoothly, great coverage. Makes painting a joy.
I just finished painting the body of my house, but didn't use SuperPaint for it. I chose to go with a regional brand called Muralo (not available in GA as far as I know...it's a NE brand). Muralo is what our house was last painted with (in 1990), and it's held up incredibly well. Also, SW doesn't sell exterior SuperPaint in low-lustre, which is what I wanted. Ended up being cheaper per gallon for the Muralo, for paint that's at least as good as the SW stuff.
The point I'm trying to get across here is that there may be regional brands in your neck of the country that offer paints as good as the national brands, but at lower prices. It's worth the effort to talk to professional painters and dealers in your area to see if such brands exist.