House numbers that light......

Is there such a thing as house numbers that light up? My house sits on a hill and off road a bit. If there is something that I could buy, please let me know where to look. I've been in a few stores with no luck.
Many Thanks.....
Steve
Is there such a thing as house numbers that light up? My house sits on a hill and off road a bit. If there is something that I could buy, please let me know where to look. I've been in a few stores with no luck.
Many Thanks.....
Steve
http://www.litebar.ca/direction.htm
You could also just buy some low voltage lights and light up the numbers!
Wayne

let
Thanks......Thats just what I'm looking for.
When I was a kid growing up in San Francisco in the 40s and 50s it seemed like nearly every home has a back lit house number mounted on its front wall. IIRC they used a regular 6 watt 115 volt "night light" bulb in those. It's hard to believe they gave up on those out there.
But, it didn't take much to Google this one up:
http://www.nikdesign.com/house_number_page-b.htm
Ever since I moved to Red Sox country in the late 50s, I've been pissed off by what seems a total absence of illuminated house numbers; Almost as much as I am by the provincial habit here of not putting up street name signs for most main streets. The folks in charge of such things must say, "Everybody knows the name of *those* streets already", or something equally stupid. If you're a "tourist" you can drive for miles without being able to confirm the name of the street you're on. About the only place they seem to put 'em up is at town line crossings, or at places where the street name changes.
Cripes, they go to the trouble of putting up the poles at every corner with the street name signs for the littlest pissant cross streets. How bloody much more could it cost to add the second sign (for the main street) to that pole?
Jeff (Who thanks you for this opportunity to rant...)
Steve wrote:

--
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

"If you can smile when things are going wrong, you've thought of someone to
I think some of the low voltage garden lights have such a thing in the line.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
That is cool........

I think it's probably a bit difficult to read from a passing car.

Not to worry - you avoid drive by shootings this way (;->
How fast are your visitors driving when they are looking for your house?