House explosion (beyond repair, Wilson, NY)

I heard about this on the news, this morning (July 31, 2012). From what I was hearing, the propane smell in the house was so bad, two of the kids decided to go some where else to live. The rest of the people in the house were aparently too stupid to know what to do in case of gas leak. We've had public service announcements since when I was a kid, but they stayed in the house. I think this is a clear case of Darwin Award. People should not donate to stupid.
Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . http://www.buffalonews.com/city/communities/niagara-county/article968914.ece
Propane leak led to deadly explosion Published:July 27, 2012, 2:10 PM 7 Comments
LOCKPORT - A propane leak was the source of the explosion that obliterated a Wilson home and killed a 14-year-old girl Tuesday, but the source of the spark that ignited the gas hasn't been found. [source of spark probably blown to bits. d'uh.]
He said the outcome of the investigation will be of interest to attorneys for the Johnsons, their homeowners' insurance company and the propane vendor.
"We are quite confident there was a buildup of propane gas in the house,"
The location of the leak also has not been determined.
The body of Sarah Johnson was found in the wreckage. Her badly burned sister Katie, 18, remains in critical condition in the burn unit at Erie County Medical Center. Their mother, Judith, 46, is in fair condition at ECMC. Her husband, Jody, and their son, Nathan, 16, were released from that hospital Thursday. Two other children were not home at the time of the explosion; they had been sleeping over at a friend's house.
The Johnsons smelled gas the night before the explosion and had requested a service call, a family friend said earlier this week. [And still sleeping in the propane filled house? Dumb.]
However, he added that the county is considering whether to ask for out-of-town experts to assist with the probe.
Meanwhile, Rev. William T. Lowery Jr., pastor of Ransomville Free Methodist Church, where the Johnsons are members, said the members of the family who have been released from ECMC are staying at an undisclosed location.
"Jody doesn't want to leave the hospital while his wife is still there," Lowery said. He said a public "service of healing" is being organized, but the location and schedule are not yet firm.
He said the family will not be giving any interviews. "They need some space. They are still not all together," Lowery said. But he added, "They are moving in a healthy direction. . This is not a short-term fix." [Can you fix stupid?]
The outpouring of support left the Johnsons "overwhelmed," Lowery said. [if you feed stupid, water it, give it lots of money, you get more stupid.]
He specifically mentioned that AT&T had restored the family's cellphones for free. "That's huge. They can communicate with each other," Lowery said. [Hope they don't make more stupid babies.]
The minister, who also is a Ransomville volunteer fireman, said a stress management team has been working with members of that fire company and other firefighters. He said he talks every night to Ed McDonald, a member of his church who works as fire chief at the Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station, to share his experiences. [Sure is tough to go to the fire scene, and scrape up dead stupids.]
"We still are encouraging people to pray for them. We believe prayer makes a difference," Lowery said.churches are leading fundraising efforts to help the family put their lives back together. [Pray that the family gets some brains. How hard is it to get every one out, go turn off a propane tank, and open the windows?]
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Boy, I bet the LDS community is just thrilled to have your name and comments associated with theirs.
EPIC FAIL.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 12:34:43 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Wow, the cell phones got knocked out in the blast? What, you have to pay the bill? Every month?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.