House came with yellow indoor Romex running under wood deck to light fixture.

As I understand it, exterior above ground wiring must be enclosed in a conduit. OTOH the existing wiring is not exposed to sunlight or to any "traffic". Need I worry? If so, what is the best (cheapest) solution?
"If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate."
BoyntonStu
I wouldn't worry about it too much, but....... Replace it with UF (underground) romex if it bothers you. Since it is yellow, use a #12 WIRE. Or stuff the existing wire into some pvc electrical pipe.
On 15 Aug 2003 06:38:15 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aaronj.com (Stu) wrote:

If the wire is exposed to the weather, it is supposed to be protected. Conduit, sealtite, whatever.
Whoever wired it that way had no knowledge or care about the codes. As much as I can hate them (the codes), it's usually the law.