House Call Fee

So, the last time you had a repair guy (or gal) out to the house.
* What did he (she) repair? * How much was the trip charge, or price to just show up? * What was the labor rate, or price per hour? * Has any repair guy (or gal) said the price went up, account of price of gas?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I repair office machines for a living, over a wide area. specifically roll laminators that put plastic on paper like menus are laminated.
my costs are sky rocketing, and i have raised my labor and travel rates.
every on site service business is getting hammered.
I am spending 300 bucks a week minimu for fuel.
thats over 15 grand a year. and having to carry parts, machines and some supplies for sale i cant use a sub compact. i use a mini van

My "pipes".

200
150
Said if I HAD gas the price would be higher.

Propane company tech for new hookup $40 $45 Yes
The AC guy we use at work is $75/hour regular time. $112/hr Sunday. He's never charged us trip time because he rents space from us in our building and it only 100 feet away.
Other rates I've recently paid: Electrician is $65 to $75/hour Carpenter $40 Welder $95 Computer network $95 (1 hr min) no travel time Air compressor service tech $90 travel $90/hr Fork lift service $65. Normally 1 hour travel time but waived on PM service Machine service tech from Austria $1000/day plus actual travel cost and expenses Machine service tech from Italy $900/day plus actual travel cost and expenses
Edwin Pawlowski wrote: (snip)

Austria and Italy? Y'all machining granite or something?
-- aem sends...

Molding plastic foam. The last US machine builders went out of business in the 1980's.
On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 21:33:02 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

I had a leaking pipe under my 60 year old kitchen sink and called a plumbing company out of the phone book. They came in 2 hours, replaced the broken part and fixed it for $80, probably took less than 45 minutes.
I had called my insurance company because I had no idea how long the pipe had been leaking, so they sent Servicemaster over to have a look.
Servicemaster said that pulling the linoleum back and drying the wood off with my hairdryer was the right thing to do and there wasn't any damage the dehumidifier wouldn't take care of. They didn't charge me anything.
Keri
I was kinda hoping for some numbers of what folks charge. How much to show up, and the labor rate?
I also drive a van. No way I could be effective out of a passenger car.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus