Hottub Heater Troubleshooting

I'm trying to troubleshoot a hottub heater (Teledyne Laars). I think I understand well enough now how it is supposed to work. If I could talk to someone who has had some experience I think I could find the problem. Any ideas where I might make contact with such a person on the Web?
Thanks...
How about this:
If it's got 240V at the heater element and it's not heating, it's kaput!
It's a gas heater. There's power to the controller. There's a spark at the pilot ignition. It sounds like the pilot value is actuated (I can hear it and feel it if I touch the value while turning on the heater switch). On rare occasions the pilot will light and the burners will light. It seems that either the pilot value is not always working or, perhaps the tube used to transfer the pilot gas supply (which seems very small) is blocked. The heater is about 18 years old. I was hoping to hear from someone that had experience with this type of heater and may have run across this type of problem.

How much have you taken apart and/or disconnected so far?

There is still a wide variety of parts and controls you could have. If the pilot valve requires voltage to operate (not millivolt). you need to have that voltage at the valve. If you do and the valve doesn't open, you got a bad valve. If it opens but the gas doesn't get to the pilot, you got a bad tube or pilot. If the pilot lights and stays lit and the main valve doesn't open, you could have a defective flame sensor, or thermocouple, bad main valve, or bad wiring, or possibly roll out switch, or pressure switch. To determine the problem, you need to identify all the parts and understand their functions. Then you can iron it out