Hotpoint electric ignition

I was cleaning around the right side of my stove of the 2 burners. Somehow, this time I was careless enought not able to ignite them as before. I read the manual and stuck a needle into the little hole in the center. It worked with one only, the other, no matter how many times I've stuck the needle in, would not ignite. I managed to get it lit with a lit newspaper. I left it on for a few minutes hoping that it would dry out whatever is clogging that hole, though the needle goes all the way through. That didn't work. The other is just fine. Any other suggestions please? Thanks

Pull a steel bristle out of a wire brush and poke it way into the hole to dislodge the crud, Odds are that will do it.
Joe