Hotpoint BF41 dishwasher

For a joke someone put washing up liquid in my integrated dishwasher and everything foamed up (no surprise there then....) I now have a problem with the dishwasher no heating up. It will fill, and then sit there, doing nothing, forever.

Advancing the controll unit will then kick it into life and the wash continues (with no heated water)

I have changed the heating element with a new one purchased from hotpoint but still nothing. Can anyone help me please? Are there fuses, sensors?

Many thanks,

chris

Reply to
Chris

Hi,

North American or Eurpeon style d/w?

There probably is a thermostat of some sort...one to sense the element must come on to heat up the water and possibly another as a safety to prevent overheating.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff