hot water troubles

How crazy is this?

Scott

scott_in_CT

The crazy part is, why did it happen if they turned the power off? Presumably they used some water around bed time, which should have brought the pressure down; and with the power off, it shouldn't have built back up.

Reply to
Wade Lippman

It's happened before....

HeatMan

Hi scott_in_CT, hope you are having a nice day

On 10-Jul-03 At About 07:29:42, scott_in_CT wrote to All Subject: hot water troubles

s> From: "scott_in_CT"

s>

s> uner.txt

s> How crazy is this?

There is a film of experiments on water heaters exploding. they can really do some serious damage.

-=> HvacTech2

Reply to
Boots Crofoot

I guess you would call them cold water heaters

Reply to
mark Ransley

It was a boiler explosion, that is it was a steam explosion. I suspect that the tank was probably old with no TPR valve. I have seen the results of just such an explosion, not quite as drastic but it ruined the basement. Also one where the neighbor installed an old cookstove and capped off the water back pipes. Must have still been some water left in it.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Hi scott_in_CT, hope you are having a nice day

On 10-Jul-03 At About 07:29:42, scott_in_CT wrote to All Subject: hot water troubles

s> From: "scott_in_CT"

s>

s> uner.txt

s> How crazy is this?

There is a film of experiments on water heaters exploding. they can really do some serious damage.

-=> HvacTech2

Reply to
HvacTech2