Hot water recirculator

Page 2 of 2
I looked at the web site and it looked like a cold water line would have to go directly back to the water heater. It looked like if there were any Ts in the cold water line, someone opening a cold water faucet anywhere else in the house could get hot water. Is that assessment correct?

pump
water
all
is
go
chili
my

"The other consideration is if you have a septic system your putting a lot of water in there that wouldn't need to go there if you use one of these on demand type recirculating pumps."
On demand recirculation systems pump cooled down water from the hot line to the water heater, not to your septic tank.
The chili

I purchased something called ~Rediheat at a home show. Mine was cause the SO was nagging all of the time that it took so long to get hot water in her bathroom. It was connected to the hot and cold water lines under the sink. When called for it "pumped" the hotwater into the cold water pipe until the line got hot. Took about 3-4 minutes for the hot water to get to the sink. It was in a fancy box with an el cheapo time clock on it that would never hold time more than a day or two. I opened up and put a timer relay on it and use a push button to turn it on. I thought it worked fine but the SO was back into bitching mode again. ( I finally asked her to move out ) It worked fine for a few years and then the pump crapped out. Water is pretty aggressive where I live. HD used to sell a kit with out the cool box for ~$200.00. A decent Grunfous pump from the plumbing supply would do the same thing. All your doing is overcoming the static pressure of the water in the pipes.
This is a convince item. Nothing more. This Old House had an episode on a valve on the toilet. When cold it would use hot water to flush with. 2-3 gallons of water drawn from the pipes would be enough in a lot of place to get the hot water to the sink. Unfortunately you would have to open the wall and find a hot water pipe close to the toilet. Not a true statement in all situations. I have no clue where to get the valve.