Hot water question

When my wife and I got home tonight we went to run my son a bath. We noticed a yellow tint to the water. After some checking we figured out it was only the hot water. Soon it ran clean. My concern is it's the start of a problem. We had the water heater replaced last year. Any thoughts on what might of caused this? Should I be concerned.

Not sure it helps but we live in Arizona.

Reply to
Jeremy

Hi,

Once every few months a person needs to hook a hose up to the hot water tank and flush it out. it adds life to the tank. What it does is flush out the mineral deposits on the bottom of the tank thus keep electrolosis at a minimum. The yellow color was probably this. Let the water flush out until the water turns clear. This should clear the problem up.

Candice

Reply to
CLSSM00X7

You really need to lay off the drugs..

Reply to
CBHvac

City water or well water?

There are many contaminates in water that would only become visible when heated. If you have well water, you may want to contact a good local water conditioning service.

Try to find a real one, not one that only wants to sell you their water softener, one size fits all, or will sell the one that fits what you will pay. I remember one coming to my house and every time I interrupted them to ask a question they had to start over from the beginning again. In the end I did not buy. They had no idea of what an Ion exchange unit was or what the real difference was between the water coming in and coming out was.

It may have been a one time thing or something that only happens due after certain weather conditions.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Could be a bad dip tube. Water tanks need regular flushing out to remove deposits.

Reply to
Phisherman

Bath. Boy. Yellow water. Might be a connection..... (smile)

Draining the water tank sounds like the right answer. Just kidding about your son in the tub.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Jeremy" wrote

Yellow tint in water is usually caused by iron or tannin in the water. But iron can be caused by water contact with exposed steel, whether that be in a water heater that has a break in its glass lining, it's from galvanized nipples or some other galvanized in the plumbing. It takes very little exposed area to cause discolored water such as yours. This is usually not a water quality issue and although it could be, I don't think it is in your case but you might want to have a water analysis done. The water may be acidic and that would cause your problem much quicker than neutral water.

Gary Quality Water Associates

Reply to
Gary Slusser

Did you have a chance to ask your neighbors if they had a similar problem? The city may have been flushing out the fire hydrants...

Reply to
Larry Davick