Hot Water Oil Consumption

I have an oil fired Bock Hot Water heater. I shut off my boiler for the summer and then wrote down the gallons in my oil tank and after 1 month my summer usage is 40 gallons just for the hot water. I have 4 adults and 1 child living in the house. I've never checked the actual usage in the summer but I don't ever remember using that much oil. I was wondering if anyone has any figures to compare to mine?
Thanks in advance
homeguy wrote:

I would not be surprised if the gauge you are using is inaccurate.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
I have an expensive guage that you pump to get a reading. It may not be that accurate but I've always used that guage so that is a constant in the equation. I was hoping someone could tell me what an average family consumes in oil for a month. Joseph Meehan wrote: