Hot water in every faucet but one

I have a problem with my masterbath shower head. Hot water (nearly scalding) comes out of every other faucet/shower head in my house, however my masterbath shower head only produces lukewarm water. There are two other faucets in that bathroom, and they work correctly. When we bought the house about 7 months ago, this was not a problem. It has only been within the last month that we have noticed this. The house is 2.5 years old, so I am confused and I am afraid of overpaying a plumber to tell me that I am stupid and could have repaired the problem myself. Please help! Thanks,

Reply to
ugasox

It is just doing what it is designed to do, maybe too well, maybe not.

Modern showers have valves designed not to allow the water to get too hot. It sounds like your regular supply is too hot. I suggest that you should reduce that temperature. I have heard of some valves that will over compensate for water that is very hot. That might be the case and if so, turning down the heat at the heater might make the shower warmer. The other possible issue and one I have personally seen is the valve may be a problem and it may need to be replaced (can any of them be adjusted?)

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

The pressure balancing shower valve I have has an adjustment setting on it--just had to take a little plate off of the knob.

Reply to
marson

What he said- mine has a splined arrangement that you pull out and turn and then lock in place by pushing it back in to engage splines. Usually there is a washer covering that and all you should need it to remove the handle and make the adjustment.

Reply to
beecrofter