Hot water heater runoff in backyard

Reply to
Dick

I noticed this morning that I have a stream of water coming from a tube on the outside of my house running out to my back yard. I know that it can't the air conditioner because I don't have it turned on yet. I looks to be comming from the hot water heater outlet. Is it normal for this to be occuring?

TIA

Reply to
david

Is this something that an layman can replace himself with a wrench and pipe tape?

Reply to
david

Nope. Tank is leaking or pressure valve opened which means it it overheating. Needs to be investigated immediately.

Reply to
Art

Grandpa Koca