Hot Water Heater Let Loose on New Years Day

Page 2 of 2

Todd H. wrote:

Yes, I thought about that after I had posted. Also I assumed it was galv. If copper, pex or something else it gets a bit more complicated.
Harry K
Speaking of which, I just changed home owner insurance and found that I could exclude coverage for such a castrophe and it would save me over $400 annual premiums on a $1300 policy.

I need to change my insurance too. What exactly did you exclude from coverage?
Your premium went down to 900 from 1300 dollars?

Exactly.
I asked for quotes online and state farm and allstate were over $3000. Some company allowed me to exclude 'interior water' and increase the deductible from 1% to 2 and 3% and the premium is under $900 in Houston - one of the higher premium areas.
My mortgage company is happy and I am happy.