Hot Water Heater Drain Water - What is it?

That retort is getting SO stale here....

Why not just give in and accept that more people call them hot water heaters than don't. :-)

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

I drained the following water from my hot water heater.

It separates quickly with the clear water on top. So exactly is the ugly heavy goo on the bottom.

Sherman

Reply to
Sherman

I drained the following water from my hot water heater.

It separates quickly with the clear water on top.

So exactly what is the ugly heavy goo on the bottom?

Sherman

Reply to
Sherman

Looks like rust and maybe some minerals added. Normal to happen in a reservoir of water. That is why they should be drained a bit every couple of months.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I want to know why you are trying to heat hot water.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

So we all agree that from now on they are to be referred to as "hot water hotter's" ?

AMUN

Reply to
Amun

Sorry guys, but I know for a fact that "hot water heaters" exist - I have one. You see, I've got 2 water heaters plumbed in series. That makes the first one just a water heater and the second one a hot water heater, right? :)

The real genius is the location: Two 50 gal heaters in the attic right next to each other. What's that weigh, 800 lbs or so? Sure will be exciting if one ever springs a leak! ;(

Reply to
MrC1

: > Not sure what you are really asking. As Mr. Pawlonski says it looks : like : > water heater glop. If you are requesting a chemical analysis you won't get : > it by submitting a picture. : > And in answer to the vital question of the day one heats hot water when : > one wants hotter water. Now that this is answered let's all move along. : >

: > Dave M. : >

: >

: : So we all agree that from now on they are to be referred to as "hot water : hotter's" ? : : : AMUN : : But, aren't they "hot", "water heaters"?

Reply to
Pop

Reply to
nospambob

Sherman,

Not sure what you are really asking. As Mr. Pawlonski says it looks like water heater glop. If you are requesting a chemical analysis you won't get it by submitting a picture. And in answer to the vital question of the day one heats hot water when one wants hotter water. Now that this is answered let's all move along.

Dave M.

Reply to
David Martel

Hot water heater Water fountain ABS system Boat marina ATM machine Easy Bake Oven

They're all "unsolved mysteries." ;-)

Reply to
Brian E. Clark

Only if you buy them from some guy in a back alley out of an unmarked van for cash.

Reply to
Amun

And in the same category are the telephone customer service people who always ask, "Can you spell your name?". I get my jollies by just answering, "Yes", and then wait through a period of silence while the person on the other end figures it out. (Sometimes wouldja believe, they

*don't*.)

I used to reply, "Yes, and I can tie my own shoes too, and next year mommy is going to let me cross the street by myself.", but that got sort of tedious.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Call me on your telephone. We can have a telephone call.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives