Hot water heat boiler pressure

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone know what the safe pressure range for a Hot Water Heating System. Two story house.

Thanks

Reply to
Matt

How many feet to the top of run , seems like this will be a difficult question for you also, Give Feet up, stories, so we can get an ideae on what you need, willing to help ,,,, but not enough information, or 10 lb

Reply to
mark Ransley

The pressure relief valve on my heater is set at 12 - 15 pounds. Steam systems must be below 15 pounds.

In reality, water pressure is very safe as water is not compressed. If a pipe would suddenly split, you'd have how water spewing out, but it would not explode. Air, steam, or other compressed gasses will suddenly expand if released and the results are much more serious in nature.

The water coming into your house is probably in the 50 psi range and can be as high as 115 in some areas. The pipes can take that easily. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

The top of the system is at about 25 - 30 feet (2 story house)...

Reply to
Matt